“Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of people.”
The mission of Fairhaven’s United Methodist Men (UMM) is simple: To Help Men Grow in Christ, So Others May Know Christ.
Fairhaven’s UMM group fosters spiritual growth opportunities for all men of the church. Fairhaven believes that every person has different gifts, graces, and areas of interest, and UMM welcomes new members with the love and support of a family.
The focus of Fairhaven’s UMM is to support the spiritual growth of men, helping them to mature as disciples as they encourage spiritual formation in others. Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds.
The UMM is one of the cornerstones of Fairhaven in fulfilling the mission of the United Methodist Church. Members of the UMM join with the Outreach Committee, United Methodist Women, Boy Scouts, and other groups to:
- Serve the homeless community in Montgomery County by making sandwiches, providing breakfast supplies, and hosting/serving barbecue meals at a local shelter.
- Partner with the international hunger relief agency Rise Against Hunger in meal packaging events, during which thousands of meals are packaged to be distributed to people in need worldwide.
- Assist the Boy Scout troop sponsored by Fairhaven with outdoor maintenance projects at the church. This partnership has enhanced the appearance, beauty, and functionality of the church grounds.
- Host and sponsor an annual trip for youth and the “young at heart” to a Frederick Keys baseball game during the summer season.
- Assist the United Methodist Women with church events such as the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Prayer Breakfast, Seniors Luncheon, and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
To learn more about the UMM or to become a member, please contact us.